Thursday 2 March 2017

Believe in Unicorn - Your Next Stamp

Hi friends ! I adore Unicorns because they are different. I believe that it's ok to be different. Always believe in yourself and you too can suceed and make a difference. 

Today, I want to share a card I've made with Your Next Stamp - magical unicorns stamp set. I wanted it to be magical, where flowers bloom in spring and a unicorn happily prancing under the sunrays peeping through the middle of the magical forest. 


This is a one layer card. I stamped the unicorn onto an A2 size watercolor card panel using distress ink color - vintage photo and sketch the scene using a light blue watercolor pencil. Then, I started out by giving the images a light layer of watercolor and slowly add on darker colors to give contrast and shadows. 

For the flowers, I randomly stamped YNS Mini flower splatter set using distress ink and brush them over lightly with water to blend with the background. For more contrast, I used Ranger embossing pen to create small dots among the bushes and white heat embossed it to create little white flowers.

For the sentiments, I used the word "Believe" in YNS magical unicorn die set. The word was cut using white and black card stock with the black layered underneath the white to create some dimension.

For a softer background, I used a white color pencil to shade over the tree trunks as if rays of light shining onto the unicorn. Then, added clear sparkly sequins to give it some shine and interest. Finally, I have to add some glossy accents on its horn and hooves as finishing touches. And, my card is DONE ! 😉

Appreciate you taking time to stop by. Hope you love what you see. Have a unicorn kind of day !

Love,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment